Creating Your Own New Normal for 2016
By Todd Robertson
If you’re like a lot of successful business owners, you’re probably analyzing everything you did in past twelve months. You also are probably asking yourself a few questions:
- What worked and what didn’t?
- Did my actions support my goals?
- Did I earn what I’m worth?
- Did I take personal responsibility for my success or failures?
By carefully analyzing the past you can discover the elements that you can take into the new year and create
your own new “normal”. In other words – you can advance your game, play at a higher level, and avoid the pitfalls and hurdles you’ve already cleared to excel faster and with hopefully a few less headaches!
As you approach the new year, many of you are in the process of goal setting. Let me share a four step system for goals that is used by some of the top performing entrepreneurs in the world. It’s called the DOME strategy. Here’s what that stands for:
- D – Stands for Decide. If you look up one of the definitions of the word decision, you’ll find that it means to “cut off from”. That’s step one for creating your new normal. What things should you cut yourself off from that aren’t working or haven’t
worked for you this year? Whether that be a mindset, a skill, or a system, what can you unplug, cut off, or change up that will increase your success in the new year.
- O – Stands for Outstanding. There’s never been a more important time to play at an outstanding level. That means to surround yourself with the best people, strategies, solutions and systems in our industry. Model your choices on those of successful business owners. Duplicate excellence.
- M – Stands for Momentum. Now’s the time to take the stance that what gets scheduled – gets DONE. That’s how you build momentum. By cutting out the things that don’t work. By plugging in new systems and solutions that drive your business in smarter ways. By blocking your time so that you can streamline your processes – as well as schedule those
things that help you create balance.
- E – Stands for Tell Everyone. Once you’ve set your goals for the next twelve months, it’s time to tell everyone. If you’re goal is 10 salable listings in your pipeline at all times or to own a geographic farm – tell everyone you know. Put public pressure on yourself to hit those goals. People will help you when you do. They’ll support you. Remind you. Work with you to make them happen. Then commit to doing whatever it takes to make those goals happen.
Ready to create your new normal and put a plan in place to take 2016 by storm? Go for it. Remember that we’re here if you need anything.